Monday 31 October 2011

The Night Before Quitting

I haven't really been in a blogging mood this week due to completely mangling my back to the point where all I can do is sit and smoke. Not really a great thing considering that the smoking part is ending very soon! 5 hours to be precise!

But the good news is I was finally given good painkillers, so the sitting around part is a lot more fun now. Being in agony is not a good way to go into my quitting phase.

We're doing really well on our fundraising, we've just been taken over the £1000 mark on our team page thanks to our friend Kev! I still can't believe that we've managed to raise so much money for our cause in such a short space of time, I hope it continues to build up!

My only worry at this point in time is that I'm taking Co-Codamol for my back... anyone who's taken it will know the side effects it has on your stomach. And smoking is a laxative... so giving up has the opposite effect until your body starts functioning properly again. So it could be quite an uncomfortable week for me! Expect to see me walking around in baggy tops! ;)

We've both been looking forward to giving up which is highly unusual for us, normally we're dreading it. This time I know we'll do it!

I'm slightly nervous about how to keep myself busy to take my mind off of smoking. As I'm supposed to be resting my back, I can't really do a lot except potter about the shops. Which still doesn't do my back any favours.... So I'll have to find a 'restful' hobby/task to keep myself occupied. Terry has plenty to get on with, so he'll be fine ;) I can supervise him doing all of his jobs around the house haha!#

In terms of quitting aids, Terry has super strength patches and I have the chewing gum. I'll post about how we get on with those, hopefully they'll make a difference.

Terry is still going to be giving away the t-shirt he wore at this year's Worlds Strongest Man final for the highest donation to his page. He will check in the morning and see who it is. There's still time to donate for a chance!

So if you haven't donated yet and wish to do so, here are the links:

My individual page: www.justgiving.com/LaurenCHollands

Terry's page: www.justgiving.com/TerryHollands

And if you want to join in with the fundraising in any way you see fit:

www.justgiving.com/teams/happylungs and request to join our team!

All in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment